Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Ever been to a Famima?



Don't know what's a
Famima?
Well you'll probably be learning soon enough, because the Japanese convenient store chain plans on invading with up to 250 stores in the next 3 years! The very fist store in their invasion opened here, in West Hollywood. I got to check it out last month and was mildly impressed. Assorted sushi, instant noodle, snacks, and drinks are their staples, but there was also stationary and other household goods. The place had definitely been designed for westerners, with some key Asian products missing. I guess I was hoping it would be more faithful to the Asian stores. I had a salmon rice ball and the tiramisu, both were tasty. I want to endorse this place more, as I love the concept of the East/West fusion store, but looking around on their website creeps me out a little. "Pop/Hip/GenX"...Please Famima, don't make me feel weird about shopping with you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope dey come Creepin into the D.C. market....When will 7-11 start sellin Raw Fish???? What time is it???