Monday, July 23, 2007

Sunshine


I saw Danny Boyle's Sunshine this weekend, I must say I was a fan of his previous films, but this new one was confusing in several ways, but overall entertaining. I really liked the sets, and the way that space travel to the sun was dealt with but about 3/4 way through, the movie changes tone, and I can't say it's for the better. Interesting note, A's work always screens these films the day of release, but for some reason Searchlight opted not to do an employee screening... hmmm. I wonder why? Certainly it wasn't because the film was a dud, who knows... If you liked Event Horizon, or for that matter Armageddon, you will like Sunshine, and if you've seen the film, then be sure to check out this site which offers back stories of all the characters and an interactive virtual tour of the spacecraft, the Icarus II.

No comments: