Friday, August 12, 2005

Woospace visits the West Wing


This morning I had the opportunity to go over to Stage 23 on the Warner Brothers lot. Inside the unassuming sound stage, I found parts of the white house at every turn. The set was massive, built out to the stage walls in some places. We entered as they were doing a take. I wasn't sure who was speaking, but the political jargon flowed and then cut was called. As we approached the Oval Office, I discovered that the speaker was none other than Lily Tomlin. I don't watch the show, so that was news to me that she was making an appearance. And then sitting at the desk was Martin Sheen (he's really short). No, not Martin Short, silly. Anyway, while walking around, you can't help but be impressed by the details in the set. Very nice.

No comments: