Thursday, March 16, 2006

The Loop


As we reach our early 20s and face the daunting challenges of real life, there are those who choose to embark on a career path and those who'd rather goof off with pals. And then, every so often, there's someone who sets out to do both. Set in Chicago, THE LOOP is the story of SAM, the youngest executive at the corporate headquarters of a major airline, and the first of his friends to get a real job.

Okay, so I have a friend who worked on this show, but I will admit, I enjoyed the premier a lot more than I thought I would. There is some very good writing turned in here, sharp humor that pushes the network boundaries... I thought some of the bits were genuinely funny and the story had a nice (unforced) resolution. Solid performances all around from the cast, with some definite eye candy in there. And Phillip Baker Hall and Mimi Rogers are brilliant! Hall is hilarious and is worth watching the show just for his portrayal of Sam's boss. All in all, check out this half hour comedy... I think you'll like it.

No comments: